We believe in Nurturing Hearts and Minds through the holistic development of the whole child. Academic rigour is important and we will have high expectations of our teachers and of our learners, however, it is equally important for our young people to be emotionally literate, well-rounded individuals who are highly successful global citizens.
Aureus Primary School is a space where our whole community will be supported to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our learning experience will be memorable and enjoyable, in and out of the classroom.
Our young people will become emotionally and mentally prepared for life with a toolkit of self-care strategies to maintain positive wellbeing and mental health into adulthood.
We pledge to create a safe space to holistically educate the whole child through:
- Mindful Movement
- Art Therapy, via The Didcot Art Room
- Emotional Literacy Groups
- Mental Health & Wellbeing programme
- Family Dining Experience
The holistic education opportunities have been carefully created as preventative strategies to support your child as they grow, learn and flourish into young adulthood;
- Our Mindfulness time in the morning, after break and after lunch will prepare our pupils for learning - the carousel of activities will wake them up and warm them up.
- Our community lunch time ensures that everyone eats a healthy, nutritious meal.
- Our community ‘Wake Up, Shake Up’ time in the afternoon will focus on the enjoyment of daily physical activity and improving gross motor coordination.
- Our personal development time from 3.30-4.15pm will inspire and empower children to thrive.