From September 2019 our catering provision will be managed by Chartwells.
- Pupils in Reception, Years 1 & 2 receive meals free of charge under the Universal Infant Free School Meal Scheme.
- For full time nursery pupils and Year 3 onwards, school meals cost £2.30 per day.
- Packed lunch can be brought in for any child at any age if they do not wish to have a school meal.
- Those pupils in Year 3 onwards who are entitled to Free School Meals under Pupil Premium eligibility do not have to pay for meals. We will be writing to all our Pupil Premium eligible pupils as we start the new term to confirm your eligibility.
- Pupils can choose whether they are having a packed lunch or school dinner daily. We will be moving to a pre booking system later in the year and will provide all details when this happens.
- Please pay weekly in advance using Parentpay.
- New pupils will be given their ParentPay login as soon as possible into the new term, and once you have logged in you will be able to clear your balance and pay for meals in advance.
- If you need help with logging in to ParentPay after you have received your activation codes please speak to the school office.
Aureus Primary School Meal Facts:
It is our ambition to ensure that every Aureus Primary student leaves our school with not only the practical skills to look after themselves, make great food choices and understand the importance of food in their lives – but also be passionate about good food and have the ability and understanding of how to eat well no matter what their budget is.
We strongly encourage all pupils to have a cooked meal, particularly in Key Stage 1, as research shows that packed lunches are not as nutritionally balanced as cooked lunches.
"Only one per cent of packed lunches meet the nutritional standards that currently apply to school food."
Please see the download section below for the Aureus Primary School menu and if you choose to provide a packed lunch for your child please take a look at the Healthy Lunchbox guidance.
|Menu Feb to April 2020||25th Feb 2020||Download|
|Packing a Healthy Lunch Box||28th Feb 2020||Download|