What is Pupil Premium?
The pupil premium grant is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England. It’s a school-level grant that gives schools extra resources to help them meet challenges, including those arising from deprivation.
It’s allocated for schools to:
- improve the academic outcomes of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities
- close the attainment gap between disadvantaged pupils and their peers across the country
Schools receive funding for each disadvantaged pupil and can use the funding flexibly, in the best interests of eligible pupils. GLF leaders draw upon an evidence-based approach to apply a ‘tiered’ approach to delivering their pupil premium strategy.
Tier 1: supporting training and continuous development to improve the quality of all teaching
Tier 2: targeting support for disadvantaged pupils through evidence-based interventions
Tier 3: supporting whole-school strategies to improve attendance, behaviour and readiness to learn
A longer term strategy
From September 2019 schools are encouraged to include a reference to a multi-year strategy that outlines how the school aims to address the needs of pupil premium students across all age ranges at the school. This will help school leaders to:
- take a longer view of the support the grant will provide as children pass through the school
- align their plans with the wider school improvement strategy
GLF’s Aspiration for All children to Grow, Learn, and Flourish
All GLF Schools are committed to our core remit of providing an outstanding educational experience. Raising the attainment of disadvantaged pupils is part of our commitment to help all pupils achieve their full potential.
We aim for:
- All children to enjoy their learning, attain high outcomes and be helped to become confident individuals and responsible citizens whilst making excellent progress in all respects;
- All children to benefit from an inclusive ethos, excellent teaching and a broad and balanced curriculum underpinned by strong leadership, in a local school;
- All children to be supported and encouraged to lead healthy and active lives
Pupil Premium Strategy at Aureus Primary School
Pupil Premium funding at Aureus Primary School is used to ensure that all children have access to the very best education. We aim to:
- Ensure that the potential for our childrens’ attainment is sustained and maximised and the difference is diminished
- Further develop childrens’ confidence to ensure they are self-assured learners with excellent attitudes to learning
We regularly review our Pupil Premium initiatives to ensure they are having a positive impact. Each year we plan priorities for this year’s expenditure based on the cohort of eligible children.
Accessing the Pupil Premium funding at Aureus Primary School
Funding is allocated to the school based on an annual basis. It is important that if you think your child is eligible for pupil premium support, you must contact the school office for more information. Individual requests for financial support for school-based activities are considered by the Head teacher. Requests can be made via the school office. Important: To find out more information on whether you are eligible for Free School Meals, please click here.