At Aureus Primary we want to inspire students to participate in and enjoy physical activity, as well as recognise the importance of an active and healthy lifestyle. We wish to provide this through differentiated and effective teaching which seeks to move forward, provide competitive opportunities for children, engage their enthusiasm and develop their passion in a range of sports and disciplines. Teachers aim to provide children with a high standard of learning that should be expected from them in every lesson. Our desire is to ensure sporting opportunities are vast, and that they may remain an enriching experience for children attending our school.
This is to be achieved through possessing the following core aims and values:
- Encourage enjoyment in PE through a range of physical activities
- Maximum participation in all lessons
- Pupils to take responsibility for learning by leading sections of the lessons; enabling them to inspire and challenge others
- Pupils engage in enjoyable and challenging learning experiences
- Provide a variety of sporting opportunities outside the curriculum
- Foster and nurture each child’s talent and potential, including gifted children
- Develop awareness of physical development including fitness, skills and hygiene.
- Celebrate achievements of children who have excelled in their discipline, displayed their sporting efforts effectively or shown acts of good sportsmanship.
At Aureus Primary, PE is an important part of the overall school development plan. We recognise the importance of physical education in order to support children’s learning across the curriculum. It also contributes to healthy and active lifestyles, improves emotional well-being, has a positive effect on behaviour and develops key skills such as leadership, confidence and team building skills. It is our aim to ensure the positive values of sport are intertwined with the school ethos, and help to engage with our wider community including local schools.