Aureus Primary School will be a place where:
- Individuals are highly valued and supported to achieve their personal best
- Learning and high standards are pursued with integrity and enthusiasm
- Effective relationships secure the success of the school
Aureus Primary School serves its community by working in partnership to provide an education of the highest quality:
- Our principles of inclusion and our commitment to providing equity of opportunity will enable all learners to achieve their potential
- We celebrate the diversity of our wider community and are committed to delivering a values based curriculum which reflects this
- Through our aims and values, we will provide a holistic education designed to nurture responsible global citizens
Our curriculum is centred around our school motto: Nurturing Hearts and Minds.
We hold both the academic attainment and the holistic development of pupils in high regard, such that we focus our curriculum into 8 key areas.
We believe that a strong focus on each of these areas will lead to pupils being both academically and emotionally literate by the time the graduate from our care in Year 6, in order to develop into successful, well-rounded and responsible citizens.
Cornerstones is the whole school scheme we use to deliver the literacy, PE, PSHE, science and humanities areas of our curriculum. We use a 4 stage pedagogy for these subjects. Within each stage, our pupils are able to develop their knowledge and understanding, creativity and curiosity and skills for life-long learning and success.
Each year group learns a topic for a half-term, which all the areas of the curriculum feed into that enables our pupils to be exposed to a breadth of National Curriculum Objectives.
In addition, as a STEAM school, we hold Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths in high regard, providing our pupils with opportunities within the curriculum to deepen their learning in these areas.