Values Based Education
What is VbE?
Values-based Education (VbE) is a successful worldwide transformational movement for positive change.
Now reaching over 1 million students, Values-based Education inspires children, young people and adults to adopt and live positive human values.
VbE transforms the school into exceptional environments for teaching and learning.
The focus on ethical and emotional intelligence, deepened relationships, social cohesion and a strong values-culture give students the best chance of academic success.
The Seven Core Components of VbE
- Authentic modelling by adults of positive values
- The Inner Curriculum of thoughts, feelings and emotions
- Reflective practices links to interpersonal neurobiology
- The creation of a VbE atmosphere, both physical and emotional
- The development of a VbE curriculum and its links to the wider curriculum
- The development of quality leadership
- The comprehensive development of an ethical vocabulary