Inclusion is at the heart of our school, we celebrate that all children are different and are indeed unique. As the school continues to grow we endeavour to always provide a positive and nurturing environment whereby our children feel able to build upon their strengths and their areas for development.
Our SENCO, Executive Inclusion Lead and Executive Headteacher have all completed their NASENCO accreditation.
School SENCO: Mrs Victoria Gill
Contact through the school office: 01235 754411
Email: please send an email FAO Vic Gill SENCo to firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to ensure that each child is fully included in all aspects of school life and make reasonable adjustments to meet their needs. These may encompass:
- Children with Special Educational Needs. (Please see our SEND Policy, Information Report and the Local Offer within Oxfordshire.)
- Children with Medical Needs (Please see our Medical Needs and First Aid Policy)
- Children with English as an Additional Language (Please see our EAL Policy)
- Children with ethnic and multi-cultural needs.
- Children requiring pastoral support.
- to ensure that the language and learning needs of individual pupils are clearly identified and provided for.
- to enable pupils to gain full access to the Curriculum and develop strategies to overcome any obstacles that might prevent pupils from achieving their full potential.
We achieve this by:
- using a universal pedagogical approach rooted in Cognitive Load Theory
- assessing each child’s needs to plan and set targets for the individual.
- depending on the individual needs of pupils, providing curriculum support in class, additional support in small group and targeted and specialist strategies as appropriate for language development and enrichment.
In class support includes:
- Effective use of visuals and ICT
- Use of the Zones of Regulation.
- Year group language screener in reception and for new entrants
- Use of colourful semantics, Makaton and other language and communication supports
- Displays and resources in the classroom and around the school to celebrate difference
Our teachers keep parents regularly informed about pupil’s progress. Parents are invited to share in achievements through Dojo points, certificates and rewards during assembly, school reports, parents' evenings, newsletters and letters home.
For further information please refer to the following on our policies page:
- SEND Policy
- SEND Information Report
- Inclusion School Offer
- Local Offer within Oxfordshire
- Accessibility Plan
- Equality Statement
- EAL Policy
- Pupil Premium Statement
- Supporting Pupils with Medical Conditions
- First Aid Policy