Inclusion & SEND
Inclusion is at the heart of our school, we celebrate that all children are different and are indeed unique. As the school continues to grow we will endeavour to always provide a positive and nurturing environment whereby our children feel able to build upon their strengths and their areas for development.
The Deputy Headteacher, Ms Kate Smith has completed the NASENCO accreditation.
We aim to ensure that each child is fully included in all aspects of school life and meet any areas of specific needs. These may encompass:
- Children with Special Educational Needs
- Children with Medical Needs
- Children with English as an Additional Language
- Children with ethnic and multi-cultural needs
- Children requiring pastoral support. (We will be developing as a THRIVE School - https://www.thriveapproach.co.uk)
- to ensure that the language and learning needs of individual pupils are clearly identified and provided for.
- to enable pupils to gain full access to the Curriculum and develop strategies to overcome any obstacles that might prevent pupils from achieving their full potential.
We will achieve this by:
- assessing any new child’s needs, plan and set targets for the individual.
- depending on the individual needs of pupils they will receive both curriculum support in class and additional support in small groups as appropriate for language development and enrichment.
In class support includes:
- A language rich environment
- visual and ICT support
- displays and resources in the classroom and around the school to celebrate difference
Our teachers will keep parents regularly informed about pupil’s progress. Parents are invited to share achievements through letters home, certificates and rewards during assembly.
Please do not hesitate to contact the SENDCO, Ms Kate Smith, if you have any enquiries around SEND.
Every school is required to provide clear, comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date information about the available provision and how to access it. This is known as the Local Offer.