ABOUT GLF SCHOOLS
GLF Schools was founded in 2012 in order to enable the federation of Glyn School (an academy in 2011) and Danetree Junior School. Having worked in partnership since October 2010, both schools’ governing bodies and leadership teams believed that, as like-minded partners, working in different sectors gave incredible opportunities to the children and students of both schools.
Armed with that simple philosophy, we began our ‘journey’ — a journey that would help us become a MAT of more than 1000 talented staff working with over 10,000 children in 41 schools across 5 regions in southern England.
What we say in our motto is true: "Where Children Grow, Learn and Flourish." Each of our schools has its own distinct character and culture which is respectful of its community and context but their utmost common ground is that it is our staff that make each school. Our collective GLF culture is built upon caring for our children and students by enabling our staff to provide the best possible education with the resources at our disposal.
We have a simple mission. "To be a supportive family of schools where together we grow, learn and flourish”
GLF Schools comprises of 40 primary and secondary schools across five regions overseen by the Regional Schools Commissioners.
Each school has GLF Schools’ vision on display:
‘Learning and Teaching’ is the core purpose at GLF Schools. We are committed to raising the aspirations and achievement of our children and young people through:
- Outstanding leadership at all levels
- Inspiring learning and support for all delivered by dynamic and passionate professionals
- Instilling a sense of challenge, enjoyment and passion for learning
- A curriculum, unique to each school, which suits the needs of its children in their local community
- All children will be supported and encouraged to lead healthy and active lives; making sensible choices whilst respecting the views and attitudes of others
- Appreciative of our children, students and their families
- Commitment to excellent education for all
- Friendly and caring
- Positive and passionate in everything we do
- Honest, open and keep our commitments
GLF Schools holds an ambitious vision for education. Its schools are committed to our core remit of providing an outstanding educational experience so that:
- every child and student is highly valued and expected to achieve their full potential no matter what their socio-economic background
- all children will enjoy their learning, attain high outcomes and be helped to become confident individuals and responsible citizens whilst making excellent progress
- all children will benefit from an inclusive ethos, excellent teaching and a broad and balanced curriculum underpinned by strong leadership, in a local school
- all children will be supported and encouraged to lead healthy and active lives, making sensible choices whilst respecting the views and attitudes of others