Vision, Values & Aims
We will instil aspiration and high expectations to empower every child to become a successful citizen of the world through excellence in all that we do.
Academic rigour is important and we have high expectations of our teachers and of our learners, however, it is equally important for our children to be emotionally literate, well-rounded individuals who are empathetic global citizens.
- We are a values-based school and received our VBE schools award in summer 2017.
- We have 12 school values which underpin our culture and ethos.
- Each value is explored for a month in our weekly assemblies and assembly reflection tasks.
- Our homily captures why our values are important
- Our values underpin our curriculum and we look for teachable moments to embed them in the real world.
- Our library shares books which explore each value.
- Our rewards celebrate when our values are embodied through the receipt of Dojo Points our consequences sanction when choices contravene our values.