Vision & Values
We believe in Nurturing Hearts and Minds through the holistic development of the whole child.
Academic rigour is important and we have high expectations of our teachers and of our learners, however, it is equally important for our children to be emotionally literate, well-rounded individuals who are empathetic global citizens.
Aureus Primary School is not an exam factory, Aureus Primary School is a space where our whole community will be supported to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our learning experience is memorable and enjoyable, in and out of the classroom.
Our children will become emotionally and mentally prepared for life with a toolkit of self-care strategies to maintain positive wellbeing and mental health.
We pledge to create a space to holistically educate the whole child through:
- Daily mindfulness practice
- Safe Spaces including access to a Thrive Room and a Sensory Room
- Holistic interventions including Art Therapy and Thrive Therapy
- Strong relationships with staff including our Family Dining Experience
- Personal Development Opportunities including Martial Arts, Choir, Football, Reading and Art Club
The holistic education opportunities have been carefully created as preventative strategies to support your child as they Grow, Learn and Flourish into young adulthood:
- Our mindfulness will prepare our students for learning
- Our community lunch time ensures that everyone eats a healthy, nutritious meal
- Our carpet time in the afternoon will support our students in processing their day
- Our commitment to singing and the arts enable our children to express themselves
- Our personal development time will inspire and empower our children to thrive
- We are a values-based school and received our VBE schools award in summer 2017.
- We have 12 school values which underpin our culture and ethos.
- Each value is explored for a month in our weekly assemblies and assembly reflection tasks.
- Our homily captures why our values are important, as does our school song.
- Our values underpin our curriculum and we look for teachable moments to embed them in the real world.
- Our library shares books which explore each value.
- Our rewards celebrate when our values are embodied and our consequences sanction when choices contravene our values.